IRCTC has partnered with HDFC Bank and launched a new co-branded credit cards – HDFC IRCTC RuPay credit card for the Railway passengers. Passengers can save more money while booking the Train tickets and can get other facilities through IRCTC by redeeming Reward Points.
If you are a frequent train traveler, you will can avail many benefits by using this card. In this article we are going to share with you all the details about the HDFC IRCTC(Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) RuPay credit card and how to get the maximum benefits using this card. We will discuss about the benefits, charges, reward system, eligibility and application process of the card.
- 1 HDFC IRCTC Rupay Credit Card Benefits, Eligibility and Charges
- 1.1 Joining Benefits
- 1.2 Milestone Benefits
- 1.3 HDFC IRCTC Rupay Credit Card Reward System
- 1.4 Railway Lounge access & Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- 1.5 joining & annual fee
- 1.6 HDFC IRCTC Rupay Credit Card Charges
- 1.7 Reward Redemption
- 1.8 HDFC IRCTC Rupay credit card Eligibility
- 1.9 Documents Required to apply HDFC IRCTC Rupay credit card
- 2 HDFC IRCTC Rupay credit card review
HDFC IRCTC Rupay Credit Card Benefits, Eligibility and Charges
- Amazon voucher of ₹500 on First transaction
To avail the offer, the customer has to make some purchases within 30 days of the card being issued.
- Card Renewal Fees: If you spend ₹1,50,000 or more in a year, the annual fees will be waived off.
- Transaction charges waiver: Customer will get a transaction charges waiver for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
HDFC IRCTC Rupay Credit Card Reward System
- 5 Reward points will be added on every ₹100 spend during Railway ticket booking also this credit card is offering extra 5% discount if booking is done using HDFC SmartBuy.
- You will get 1 reward point on every ₹100 spent for all other categories.
Railway Lounge access & Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You will get 4 complimentary Railway lounge access in a calendar year with HDFC Rupay IRCTC Credit Card. (You can avail 1 Railway lounge access per Quarter.)
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000. The waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle.
joining & annual fee
- Joining Fee: ₹500 + GST
- Annual Fee: ₹500 + GST
HDFC IRCTC Rupay Credit Card Charges
- The cash advance fee of this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
- The interest rate on the HDFC IRCTC RuPay Credit Card is 3.6% per month.
- The foreign currency markup fee on this credit card is 3.5% of the total transacted amount.
The card holder can redeem the cashpoints in different ways, The redemption will be maximum if user use it to book railway tickets in IRCTC app/website.
- Railway bookings through the IRCTC app/website: 1 Cash points = ₹1 redemption
- Flight/Hotel bookings through IRCTC and other options, including cashback: 1 CashPoint = ₹0.30 redemption
HDFC IRCTC Rupay credit card Eligibility
- The candidate should be 21-65 years old.
- You must be either salaried or self-employed.
- You should have a stable source of income.
Documents Required to apply HDFC IRCTC Rupay credit card
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ Passport/ PAN Card/ Driving License, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card/ Utility bills/ Rent agreement/ Passport, etc.
- Income Proof: Salary slips/Bank statements for Salaried Person/ latest ITR for self-employed.
HDFC IRCTC Rupay credit card review
HDFC Rupay IRCTC Credit Card is a very good option for frequent railway passengers who book their tickets using IRCTC app/ Website. Though the applicant have to pay the joining fees + renewal fees, the price is justified with the reward system. You can earn a good reward points on every spend on railway ticket booking and also 5% extra cashback will be given if the booking is done via HDFC SmartBuy.
This credit card offers 4 Railway lounge access per year which is also a good facility. The other facilities like Transaction charges waivers, fuel surcharges waivers are also good.
This card is made for those who travels a lot in Indian railways. So If you are a frequent railway traveler, you can apply for this card to save more money and avail some good facility like railway lounges, transaction chargers waivers etc.
An IT guy who keeps interest in blogging. Started blogging since 2017. He is the owner of the blog wheretosave.in and knowledgebear.com. A family man who loves Travelling, Gadgets and FOOD.