Axis bank has again come up with a new rewarding co-branded credit card. Now they have made the partnership with Airtel. The new Airtel Axis Bank credit card gives you a high cashback of about 25%. But that is not the end, there are more details, which you must know before you take this card.
In this post we will provide all the details including fees and charges, benefits, limitations and at last, we will share our review and final opinion about this card. Lets gets started!
- 1 Airtel axis bank credit card – Welcome benefits
- 2 Axis Bank Airtel credit card – Cashback
- 3 All other benefits of airtel axis bank credit card
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card
- 5 Documents required to apply Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card
- 6 Airtel Axis Bank credit card charges
- 7 How to apply Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Airtel Axis bank credit card – FAQ
Airtel axis bank credit card – Welcome benefits
The welcome benefit of axis bank airtel credit card says that you will be getting an Amazon eVoucher worth Rs.500 on first transaction made within 30 days of card issuance.
This offer looks to be nice, but you should know the important terms and conditions as below:
- You will have to make first transaction within first 30 days of card issuance to be eligible for the offer.
- Welcome voucher is applicable only for cards which have been charged with a Joining Fee of Rs. 500 + taxes on their Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card. This means, if you get this card as a lifetime free offer or some offer where your joining fees was waived, then you will not be eligible.
- Cancelled, refunded or cash transactions will not be considered as a valid transaction for earning this benefit. You cannot make a purchase to just get the voucher and cancel the order. That trick will not work.
- Amazon Gift Vouchers will be sent to the registered mobile number which you provided while applying for the card. You can add the voucher to any Amazon account, need not be registered with same number.
Axis Bank Airtel credit card – Cashback
With Airtel Axis bank credit card, you can get upto 25% cashback on recharges and bill payment using airtel app and 10% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato and Bigbasket. But the cashback is not unlimited here. There is capping. All other spends have 1% unlimited cashback. The cashback earned is credited to your credit card statement directly.
The complete cashback structure is explained in the table below:
|Airtel Mobile, Broadband, WiFi and DTH bill|
payments via Airtel Thanks App
|25%||Rs.300 per month|
|Utility bill payments such as gas, electricity,|
etc., via Airtel Thanks App
|10%||Rs.300 per month|
|Preferred merchants – Swiggy, Zomato, & bigbasket||10%||Rs.500 per month|
|All other merchants/ other spends||1%||Unlimited|
Moreover, do remember that cashback will not be eligible for the below type of transactions:
- Fuel Spends
- EMI transactions
- Purchases converted to EMI
- Wallet loading transactions
- Purchase of Jewelry items
- Cash advances
- Payment of outstanding balances
- Payment of card fees and other card charges
- Rental Payments
All other benefits of airtel axis bank credit card
There are other benefits as well apart from the ones mentioned above for this airtel axis bank credit card. They are as follows:
- 4 complementary domestic airport lounge access per calendar year. But its not for all airports, there is a list as mentioned in below table where this will be applicable.
- 1% Fuel surcharge will be waived off if the transaction is of more than Rs.400 and less than Rs.4000. But there is also a capping of Rs.500 per statement that can maximum be waived off. Remember, the GST that is charged upon the fuel surcharge will not be refunded.
- Get upto 20% off on partner restaurants across India.
- You can convert transactions of Rs.2500 or more to EMI.
Eligibility Criteria for the Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card
- Primary cardholder should be between the age of 18 and 70 years
- The individual should be a Resident of India
Documents required to apply Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card
The following documents are required:
- PAN card photocopy.
- Colour photograph.
- Latest payslip / Bank statement / Form 16 / IT return copy as proof of income.
- Residence proof (any one of the following):
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar card
- Identity proof (any one of the following):
- Driving license
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
Airtel Axis Bank credit card charges
The fees and charges of the credit card are as follows:
|Joining Fee – Primary Card|
|Joining fee – Add-on Card||Waived|
|Annual fee – Primary Card||Annual Fee: Rs.500 2nd year onward|
Annual fee waived off on annual spends greater than Rs.2,00,000
|Annual fee – Add-on Card||Waived|
|Card replacement fee – Primary Card||Rs.100|
|Card replacement fee – Add-on Card||Rs.100|
|Cash Payment fee||Rs.100|
|Duplicate Statement Fee||Waived|
|Charge slip retrieval fee or Copy request fee||Waived|
|Mini statement SMS||Waived|
|Outstation cheque fee||Waived|
|Transaction Alert SMS||Free|
|Balance enquiry charges||Waived|
|Finance Charges (Retail purchases and Cash)||3.6% per month (52.86% per annum)|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee||Min. Rs. 500 up to 2.5% of the cash withdrawal amount|
|Over limit Fees|
Min. Rs. 500 up to 2.5% of the over limit amount
|Surcharge on purchase or cancellation of Railway Tickets||As prescribed by IRCTC/Indian Railways|
|Cheque return or dishonor fee or auto-debit reversal||2% of the payment amount subject to min. Rs. 450|
|Foreign currency transaction fee||3.50% of the transaction value|
|GST||As per existing Government norms|
Late payments charges are as below:
|If Total Payment Due is up to Rs. 300||NIL|
|If total payment due is between Rs. 301 – Rs. 500||Rs. 100|
|If total payment due is between Rs. 501 – Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|If total payment due is between Rs. 1,001 – Rs. 10,000||Rs. 500|
|If total payment due is between Rs. 10,001 – Rs. 25,000||Rs. 750|
|If total payment due is between Rs. 25,001 and 50,000||Rs. 1000|
|If total payment due is greater than Rs.50,000||Rs. 1000|
How to apply Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card
To apply Airtel axis bank credit card, you need to first download the Airtel Thanks app on your mobile. After you register with you airtel number, you need to scroll to the bottom and you will be able to see the banner for the credit card there. Just click on the same and start the application process.
Presently this card is not being offered to everyone. In my case, I could see an error sometimes, or it says we do not have any card offer for you. Do check out at let us know in the comment below what you are seeing.
The Airtel Axis Bank credit card, is a good credit card, but not lifetime free. The main benefits go around the recharges and bill payments and online food and grocery delivery partners. So, if you are one who is doing a lot of bill payment and recharges and buying online foods and groceries, then you might go for this card. But please do note and calculate if you are making profit even after paying the annual fees of Rs.500.
There are a lot of good credit cards out in the market recently, so, before you apply for this one do check out them out.
Airtel Axis bank credit card – FAQ
What is the joining fee for Airtel Axis bank credit card?
Rs. 500 Joining fee
What is the annual fees for Airtel Axis bank credit card?
Rs. 500 annual fees.
What is the maximum cashback percent in airtel axis bank credit card?
25% Cashback on Recharges through Airtel Thanks app.
What is the cashback limit per month in airtel axis bank credit card?
The cashback limit is Rs. 300 per month for recharges and bill payments. Rs 500 per month for partners (Zomato,Swiggy,Bigbasket), and no limit on other spends.
An IT guy who keeps interest in blogging. Started blogging since 2017. He is the owner of the blog wheretosave.in and knowledgebear.com. A family man who loves Travelling, Gadgets and FOOD.